Saturday, February 26, 2011

This & That

















































Last evening we drove north about an hour to Casa Grande and met some friends from our church that are living in Mesa right now. We had a great visit. It was getting cloudy and I took a couple of pictures with my phone. I don't have that camera quite mastered yet, as if I have any camera mastered!! I try!
G'pa has been working around outside on the driveway. He is cleaning spots and sealing it. Keeps him out of trouble:) He also had to repair a tire on the one bike. We take the bikes out once in a while. We have been on a few cycle rides too. We even walk a little.
It has been an interesting visit thus far to AZ! The first week we were here was very cold for AZ but we didn't mind because we were still recuperating from the flu that we both had before we came down. I started getting a rash on my legs that first week so knew it couldn't be from the hot tub. It got steadily worse. Having Fred & Dori here for a week helped keep my mind off of it. It then started in on my arms and chest and back. That was more uncomfortable than the legs. They have a clinic here, I went there last week and the nurse said to take Benadryl and use cortisone cream. I went through about 8 oz. of that!! Some of it was drying up but wouldn't quite go away so went back this past Tuesday and the nurse practitioner gave me a prescription to get at it from the inside! It is a six day treatment that some people get lots of energy from, I'm still waiting for that:) It's not that I'm sick, I'm just having a very itchy good time!!:-) I haven't been swimming so much this year and I'm supposed to stay out of the sun for a while, isn't that a kick, come to AZ and be told to stay out of the sun!! Allergic to Tucson? Hope not! Enough of that!
Uncle John is coming a couple of days next week and wants to go to Tombstone (an old western town). He & Mel have gone there with G'pa & G'ma Vos when they were down in AZ years ago and he wants to go there again. I'm looking forward to seeing him again.
Hope your weather is tolerable and that you are all healthy and happy!
Love from us!

No comments: