
We have the camper at home as of yesterday. The boys are having a good time here also. I invited a boy from our church to come and spend time with John this week. We started out at Howell campground on Monday and were told Monday night that we were going to have to leave because they were going to start letting more water through the dam and the campground had to be emptied. I should have realized that before I got our camping spot. We slept at home that night because Grandpa had come out with the cycle and we had another storm so we brought him home. That was a good excuse to leave there for the night. We moved the trailer from Howell to Wallashuck campground the next morning where we overlooked the lake instead of the river. We had a few thunderstorms but in between we did have a good time. Wednesday afternoon we drove back over to Howell to see the river and I took a few pictures. This picture of the boys shows the area that is usually not filled with water. It is where I often took the grandkids down the rocks to play in the water and sand. I imagine that the water is up over the campground by now. Our little troubles with camping were so very tiny compared to the problems that so many people are going through with this weather, whether it be with the flooding or all the tornadoes.
We are planning to help Lois and Alissa move out to Colorado next week. Hopefully we can get to Illinois without too many detours because of so many roads being closed for flooding.
No comments:
Post a Comment